The solar and renewable energy field is one of the most exciting and fastest growing industries in California. Since 1984, SolarCraft has lead the way in the North Bay with over 6,700 satisfied customers, and more every day. We are always looking for enthusiastic and energetic people to complement our team.
SolarCraft was honored as a BEST PLACE TO WORK three years in a row by the North Bay Business Journal! Employee feedback pointed to a general atmosphere of understanding, open communication and willingness to assume and share responsibilities.
SolarCraft’s mission is to build a more sustainable and resilient North Bay community. We do this by providing solar and clean energy solutions for homes and businesses that deliver the highest financial and environmental benefits possible to our clients – delivering clean, renewable energy far cheaper than the utilities can or will. SolarCraft’s solutions reduce the cost of living and the cost of doing business locally, improve environmental health locally, create great jobs locally, and demonstrate leadership and responsible living in our community and beyond.
The continued success of our Commercial Solar team has created an opportunity to join our team.
SolarCraft is seeking an experienced, highly motivated Project Manager (PM) to join our Commercial Projects team. The position will be full-time, based in our Novato, CA Headquarters, and play a critical role not only ensuring that our commercial projects are well managed from development to deployment, but also in shaping the direction and processes-improvement of our Commercial Operations team. The primary responsibilities of the Commercial Project Manager are:
- to professionally manage the relationship with clients from contract to build with clear and consistent communication
- to expertly manage the design/build of solar and clean energy projects in contract, through design/engineering, procurement, mobilization, installation and commissioning.
- to work collaboratively with other SolarCraft team members in the development, planning and execution of projects (i.e. field operations teams, sales, design, interconnection, accounting, safety, procurement).
While the Commercial Project Manager will not immediately have other SolarCraft employees directly reporting to him/her, the role is considered a management position within the company and growth opportunities are available – the opportunity is what you make of it.
The Commercial Solar Project Manager must have a solid technical understanding of Solar PV (ideally including Battery Energy Storage systems), know how to read, understand and edit electrical and structural plans, know how to build solar systems (including rooftop, ground mounts and carport/canopy systems), understand client relationships with 3rd party financiers and consultants/owners’ reps, and have current knowledge of Building codes and construction standards, such as the National Electrical Code, Geotech, Environmental Impact Reports, AHJ requirements.
- Manage and work with various departments and field teams to ensure accurate and timely completion of one or more projects at a time, often at different stages of development and deployment
- Maintain project cost tracking and manage project schedules and costs
- Review, approve, and help to create project Scope of Work documents for contracts and then execute to SOW to optimize mutual results for SolarCraft and clients
- Conduct weekly project management meetings and maintain consistent and clear communications with clients
- Assess project sites in person throughout duration of project; assessing quality of work and team’s performance, implementing QA/QC as needed, reporting on status/progress of projects
- Manage inspections i.e. fire inspection, AHJ, utility, electrical inspections
- Complete final punch list in efficient and effective manner to complete projects
- Manage the transfer of completed projects to in-house Service Dept for monitoring and warranty management
- Assist in the development of commercial projects by sales teams – consulting with design, engineering, procurement, subcontractors, and technical development teams as needed. Manage the expectation and communications of client in the delivery of their solar and clean energy projects.
- Strategic planning on a project level, and for the right individual on department/Company level.
- Good leadership and people management skills
- Strong time management, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work well in a fast-paced work environment both independently and as part of a team
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and demonstrate the ability to provide and receive feedback, and be an effective listener
- Consistently works in a professional and presentable manner appropriate with role and technical scope of work, both in the office and in the field
- 3+ years of Commercial Solar photovoltaic Project Management experience (or equivalent role within PV industry)
- 5-7+ Years as Project Manager in design/build construction
- AA Degree or higher, Bachelor’s degree preferred in Construction Management, Engineering or related field; or equivalent combination of relevant education, training and experience
- PMI/PMP certification and NABCEP Certification desired
- Must be reliable, and demonstrate highly-ethical behavior and good judgment at all times, including the ability to make decisions effecting >$100,000.
- Must be able to maintain client and company confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to professionally respond to stressful situations in a patient, friendly, and timely manner
- Digital Proficiency: must be able to use Microsoft Office, including: Word, Excel, and Outlook, and other software programs used to maintain data and generate reports.
- Valid California Driver’s License with clean record that allows driving company vehicles for work
- Ability to organize, utilize and motivate team members to successfully meet the construction schedule, which will result in completing the job on time and on budget, required
- Understanding of financial models and management of budgeting cash flow preferred
- Negotiation experience preferred
SolarCraft is 100% Employee-Owned and one of the largest green-tech employers based in the North Bay. Our team of dedicated employee-partners is proud to have installed more solar energy systems than any other company in the North Bay (6,000+), including many for our community’s most recognizable organizations. We are a certified Green Business, consistently ranked as one of the best places to work in the North Bay and recognized as one of California’s most enduring renewable energy companies. We try to combine the best of working at a small, local company with being part of a well-established industry leader.
SolarCraft is an equal employment opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, nationality, veteran status or disability. If an offer of employment is made, proof of authorization to work in the US and/or U.S. citizenship must be provided.
Please email us:
Cover letter and resume to:
SolarCraft is looking for an ambitious and qualified Solar Sales Consultant. Join a team of industry veterans who are passionate about leading the North bay’s transformation to clean, renewable energy.
We are seeking intelligent, self-driven sales professionals who want to work at the intersection of the energy industry, the environmental sector, finance, and community engagement. Our team works in a collaborative environment to help homeowners and businesses use solar to save money, increase the value of their properties and demonstrate commitment to sustainability. It is an exciting time for our community, our state and country, and the world, and the career opportunities at SolarCraft in the renewable energy field are limitless – this is an outstanding opportunity to work locally with the best team in the industry.
The Solar Consultant responsibilities include:
- Educate and inspire potential customers on the many benefits of solar and alternative energy technologies.
- While maintaining the highest level of integrity and ethical sales practices, Sales Consultants must differentiate themselves and SolarCraft in a competitive marketplace.
- Conduct energy rate and usage analysis, PV production and savings modelling, create preliminary designs and proposals and present solutions in a compelling manner via in-home visits, phone and email.
- Pursue leads (company provided and self-generated) for residential solar electric, solar thermal, and storage/battery systems
- Network, attend events, generate referrals and build references to support your ongoing business
- Using satellite imaging programs and industry-leading PV energy programs, and onsite home survey and inspections, Solar Sales consultants must evaluate and perform site feasibility studies.
- Consistently utilize CRM (Salesforce) and proficiently log all activities throughout the entire sales process
- Prepare weekly feedback and forecast reports
- A positive attitude
- A sincere belief in the power of renewable energy to transform our society and deliver value to home and business owners
- Proven sales professional with strong technical and interpersonal skills
- Experience selling, designing and/or installing solar electric and/or solar thermal systems (equivalent experience in battery/storage, fuel cell, alternative energy, or advanced electrical products considered).
- Strong technical abilities required: high reliance on excel, math, science, design & construction methodology and geospatial software programs, financial modelling.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of current utilities, energy regulations and policies, incentives and rate structures
- Knowledge of solar technologies (i.e. PV, inverters, DAS, racking, storage) and other residential energy products
- General knowledge of electrical and construction methods and codes
- Computer Skills-MS Office, CAD, Salesforce/CRM
- Compensation package commensurate with experience: performance-based incentives
- Medical (including PPO, HMO and HSA options), Dental and Vision coverage
- 401K retirement account options
- Opportunity to work for a company that’s changing the world and our community, one building at a time
For more than 30 years, SolarCraft has been acknowledged as one of the “Best Places to Work in the North Bay”. Voted the “Best of Marin” for the past 5 consecutive years, SolarCraft is well regarded for our high-quality solar installations, professional and reliable service, and client-focused approach. We pride ourselves on exemplary customer service to our discerning clientele.
Please email us:
Cover letter and resume to: