Kern Family’s Electric Bill Slashed by 65%
|Location||Marin County, CA|
|System Size||5.6 kW|
|Surface Area||420 sq. ft.|
|Product||Sharp 235 watt|
|# of Solar Panels||24|
For this stunning Novato residence, design was a key factor. In order to maintain the high aesthetics of the property, and also reach the energy goals and optimal performance, SolarCraft designed a system featuring low-profile Sharp panels with Enphase micro-inverters. A typical system features strings of panels connected to one inverter. Enphase microinverters optimize each panel’s performance greatly reducing impacts of shade and generating about 7% more power than conventional inverters. Overall system efficiency is increased by 10–12%.
The Kerns received their first electric bill after going solar and it showed a 65% saving! The Kern’s solar system will provide free energy from the sun for many years while insulating them from future rate increases.
- Saves Kern family over $2,772 in electric bills annually
- Shields the Kerns from electrical rate increases
- Will realize ROI in 6-7 years
- Panels provide additional roof insulation
- Will reduce CO2 emissions by 3.5 tons annually, equivalent to planting an acre of air-filtering trees