The solar and renewable energy field is one of the most exciting and fastest growing industries in California. Since 1984, SolarCraft has lead the way in the North Bay with over 7,000 satisfied customers, and more every day. We are always looking for enthusiastic and energetic people to complement our team.
SolarCraft was honored as a BEST PLACE TO WORK three years in a row by the North Bay Business Journal! Employee feedback pointed to a general atmosphere of understanding, open communication and willingness to assume and share responsibilities.
SolarCraft is looking for an ambitious and qualified Solar Sales Consultant. Join a team of industry veterans who are passionate about leading the North bay’s transformation to clean, renewable energy.
We are seeking intelligent, self-driven sales professionals who want to work at the intersection of the energy industry, the environmental sector, finance, and community engagement. Our team works in a collaborative environment to help homeowners and businesses use solar to save money, increase the value of their properties and demonstrate commitment to sustainability. It is an exciting time for our community, our state and country, and the world, and the career opportunities at SolarCraft in the renewable energy field are limitless – this is an outstanding opportunity to work locally with the best team in the industry.
The Solar Consultant responsibilities include:
- Educate and inspire potential customers on the many benefits of solar and alternative energy technologies.
- While maintaining the highest level of integrity and ethical sales practices, Sales Consultants must differentiate themselves and SolarCraft in a competitive marketplace.
- Conduct energy rate and usage analysis, PV production and savings modelling, create preliminary designs and proposals and present solutions in a compelling manner via in-home visits, phone and email.
- Pursue leads (company provided and self-generated) for residential solar electric, solar thermal, and storage/battery systems
- Network, attend events, generate referrals and build references to support your ongoing business
- Using satellite imaging programs and industry-leading PV energy programs, and onsite home survey and inspections, Solar Sales consultants must evaluate and perform site feasibility studies.
- Consistently utilize CRM (Salesforce) and proficiently log all activities throughout the entire sales process
- Prepare weekly feedback and forecast reports
- A positive attitude
- A sincere belief in the power of renewable energy to transform our society and deliver value to home and business owners
- Proven sales professional with strong technical and interpersonal skills
- Experience selling, designing and/or installing solar electric and/or solar thermal systems (equivalent experience in battery/storage, fuel cell, alternative energy, or advanced electrical products considered).
- Strong technical abilities required: high reliance on excel, math, science, design & construction methodology and geospatial software programs, financial modelling.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of current utilities, energy regulations and policies, incentives and rate structures
- Knowledge of solar technologies (i.e. PV, inverters, DAS, racking, storage) and other residential energy products
- General knowledge of electrical and construction methods and codes
- Computer Skills-MS Office, CAD, Salesforce/CRM
- Compensation package commensurate with experience: performance-based incentives
- Medical (including PPO, HMO and HSA options), Dental and Vision coverage
- 401K retirement account options
- Opportunity to work for a company that’s changing the world and our community, one building at a time
For more than 30 years, SolarCraft has been acknowledged as one of the “Best Places to Work in the North Bay”. Voted the “Best of Marin” for the past 5 consecutive years, SolarCraft is well regarded for our high-quality solar installations, professional and reliable service, and client-focused approach. We pride ourselves on exemplary customer service to our discerning clientele.
Please email us:
Cover letter and resume to: