Napa Wine Country Solar Installation for Home & Business
- Client financial and environmental benefits are our #1 priority
- Cutting edge solar technology and expert craftsmanship
- Serving Marin, Sonoma and Napa Counties for 35+ years
Learn how Solar Energy in Napa Wine Country, Napa County, will benefit you!
Will my solar panels in Napa Wine Country, Napa County, get enough sunshine to make my investment beneficial?
There’s a reason why wine grapes grow so well in Napa Wine Country, California. The region sees 260 sunny days each year, creating an ideal environment to grow world-class vintages.
All that sun can be useful in other ways, too. California is one of the sunniest states in the United States. It’s the perfect place to install a solar panel system and harness the sunshine to power your home.
To find out how to take advantage of the savings that solar power offers, talk to one of our solar energy specialists.
Can solar panels in Napa Wine Country produce a lot of power?
To create electricity from sunlight, solar panels use photovoltaic (PV) cells. The number of solar panels that you can install and the amount of sunlight they are exposed to will determine how much electricity your roof produces. Because Napa Wine Country, Napa County, is bathed in sunlight, solar panel systems here can produce top efficiency for approximately 71% of an average year. That’s 27% more power than the national average.
Actually, according to the U.S Energy Information Administration, California is one of the most promising regions in the United States for harnessing solar energy because it receives abundant solar rays throughout the year.
Will I see savings if I install a solar panel system in Napa Wine Country?
Indeed, solar panels prove to be a cost-effective investment. Researchers found that installing solar panels on roofs reduces energy required for home heating and cooling systems by 12%. The savings through lower electricity costs become quite significant once you have recovered the installation expenses.
Besides spending 12% less each month on utilities, solar panels can also set you up to make a profit if you decide to sell your house. If you decide to sell your Napa Wine Country home, you will be able to set a higher asking price than on a comparable home without the solar advantage.
In Napa Wine Country, can tax breaks and other financial incentives lower my up-front solar panel installation costs through tax breaks and incentives?
There are a lot of tax breaks and financial incentives available to help make solar panels more affordable. When you install a solar system in Napa Wine Country, Napa County, you may be eligible for several tax benefits and financing options for both homes and businesses.
- The Residential Renewable Energy Tax Credit is a federal program that allows homeowners to claim a tax credit up to 30% of their total “solar property” project costs, including labor and system wiring.
- A second government program, the Business Energy Investment Tax Credit (B-ITC), offers a 30% tax credit incentive to qualifying commercial systems that were built before 2022. From the beginning of 2022, the incentive value will decline every year through the end of 2025. From then on, the incentive will be 10% of the solar project installation costs.
- The Napa County Energy Independence Program allows owners to purchase “renewable electrical improvements” – such as solar energy systems – that cost up to 10% of your property’s value. The financing will be repaid at a fixed interest rate of 7% over a period of 10 or 20 years.
To discover more savings and incentives available to you, visit the Database of State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency.
Please note that these financial benefits may not be applicable if you lease your solar panel system instead of purchasing it outright.
It can be difficult to figure out which incentives you are eligible for. Our specialists can help you navigate the complex waters of incentive eligibility. If you have questions regarding the best solutions for you, don’t hesitate and get in touch!
Recent Solar Panel Installations in Napa Wine Country by SolarCraft
Hess Collection Winery
Essential Benefits of this Solar Installation
- Providing nearly 100% of the electrical needs for their operations, the solar power system will reduce their carbon footprint while saving millions in utility costs in the years to come.
- The system’s solar electric panels are expected to generate approximately 945,450 kilowatt hours of energy annually, providing 100% of the winery’s annual energy consumption.
St. Supery Estate Vineyards & Winery
Essential Benefits of this Solar Installation
- Increasing energy rates prompted the addition of a 177.5 kW solar system designed and installed by SolarCraft, which combined with the existing system brings St. Supéry’s solar production to 506.1 kW, offsetting nearly 100% of the winery’s energy bills.
Why Choose Solar Craft for your Solar Installation in Napa Wine Country
SolarCraft is one of the most trusted and experienced solar energy and battery energy storage providers in Northern California, serving the businesses and residents of Marin, Sonoma and Napa Counties for more than 35 years. 100% Employee Owned, our dedicated team is proud to have installed more solar energy systems than any other company in the North Bay, including systems for many of our community’s most recognizable organizations. We deliver the best in solar technology and design-build craftsmanship, always driven by a client-first approach to maximizing financial and environmental benefits. We look forward to partnering with you to build a more sustainable future.