Glen Ellen/Kenwood Solar Installation for Home & Business
- Client financial and environmental benefits are our #1 priority
- Cutting edge solar technology and expert craftsmanship
- Serving Marin, Sonoma and Napa Counties for 35+ years
Installing a Solar Panel System in Glen Ellen/Kenwood, Sonoma County, is Smart!
Below we answer several essential questions when deciding if going solar is right for you.
Is a solar panel system going to save me money in Glen Ellen/Kenwood?
Yes, solar panels can be a cost-effective investment. One study found that installing solar panels on roofs reduces energy required for home heating and cooling systems by 12%. This helps to reduce the urban heat island effect which impacts cities and towns with large concrete content.
Solar panels are not only good for the environment, as they reduce greenhouse gas emissions. But, solar panels can also help you save money every month. The savings can add up once you have recovered the installation investment through lower electricity costs. Solar panels can also increase the value of houses. If you decide to sell your Glen Ellen/Kenwood, Sonoma County, home, you will likely see more profit than without them.
Does Glen Ellen/Kenwood, Sonoma County, have enough sunshine to make solar panels a worthwhile investment?
Yes, a photovoltaic solar panel system in Glen Ellen/Kenwood, California, is a great investment because the weather in the region is favorable for generating solar power most of the year.
Glen Ellen/Kenwood‘s long summers produce 262 sunny days each year and create ideal conditions to power your home from the sun. To find out how to take advantage of the savings that solar power offers, talk to a specialist in solar energy.
Can photovoltaic solar panel systems generate a lot of electricity in Glen Ellen/Kenwood?
To transform sunlight into power, solar panel systems utilize photovoltaic (PV) cells. The number of PV panels that you can mount to your roof and also the amount of sunshine they are exposed to impact how much electrical energy your home produces. The Glen Ellen/Kenwood area sees an average of 262 sunny days each year. Due to the wealth of sunshine, PV cells in Glen Ellen/Kenwood, Sonoma County, can produce peak effectiveness for approximately 72% of a typical year. This is 28% more than the nationwide average.
Really, California is an ideal area of the United States for generating electricity using the power of the sun. As reported by the the U.S Energy Information Administration, the area sees abundant solar radiation throughout the year.
In Glen Ellen/Kenwood, can I reduce my up-front costs through tax breaks and incentives?
When you add a solar panel system to your home in Glen Ellen/Kenwood, Sonoma County, you may find yourself eligible for several tax benefits and financing options.
- The Residential Renewable Energy Tax Credit is a federal program that allows homeowners to claim a tax credit up to 30% of their total “solar property” project costs, including labor and system wiring.
- A second government program, the Business Energy Investment Tax Credit (B-ITC), offers a 30% tax credit incentive to qualifying commercial systems that were built before 2022. From the beginning of 2022, the incentive value will decline every year through the end of 2025. From then on, the incentive will be 10% of the solar project installation costs.
- The Sonoma County Energy Independence Program allows owners to purchase “renewable electrical improvements” – such as solar energy systems – that cost up to 10% of your property’s value. The financing will be repaid at a fixed interest rate of 7% over a period of 10 or 20 years.
Visit the Database of State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency to learn more about how you can reduce the cost of your investment.
Please note: if you lease your solar panel system instead of buying it, not all of the incentives apply.
Are you confused about which incentives you are eligible for? Reach out to our experts for advice. They are always happy to help.
Recent Solar Panel Installations in Sonoma County by SolarCraft
Muscardini Family Goes Solar for $0 Down and Saves Close to $300 per Month
Essential Benefits of this Solar Installation
- Will save Muscardini family over $3,000 in electric bills annually
- $0 Down and no out-of-pocket cost with Sonoma County Energy Independence Program (SCEIP)
- Project was completed quickly, with no roof penetrations
- Installed adjacent to existing thermal panels for maximum solar production
- Panels provide additional roof insulation
- Will reduce CO2 emissions by 5 tons annually, equivalent to eliminating over 12,000 miles of driving
Rising from the Ashes, Coovers Rebuild Home Powered by Solar
Essential Benefits of this Solar Installation
- Saves Coover family over $4,800 in electric bills annually
- Shields the Coovers from electrical rate increases
- Offsets 98% of their energy usage
- Will reduce CO2 emissions by 8 tons annually, equivalent to eliminating over 18,700 miles of driving each year
Why Choose Solar Craft for your Solar Installation in Glen Ellen/Kenwood
SolarCraft is one of the most trusted and experienced solar energy and battery energy storage providers in Northern California, serving the businesses and residents of Marin, Sonoma and Napa Counties for more than 35 years. 100% Employee Owned, our dedicated team is proud to have installed more solar energy systems than any other company in the North Bay, including systems for many of our community’s most recognizable organizations. We deliver the best in solar technology and design-build craftsmanship, always driven by a client-first approach to maximizing financial and environmental benefits. We look forward to partnering with you to build a more sustainable future.