Rohnert Park Solar Installation for Home & Business
- Client financial and environmental benefits are our #1 priority
- Cutting edge solar technology and expert craftsmanship
- Serving Marin, Sonoma and Napa Counties for 35+ years
Why Install Solar Power in Rohnert Park, Sonoma County?
Below we answer several essential questions when deciding if going solar is right for you.
Can solar panels in Rohnert Park produce a lot of power?
To convert sunlight into electricity, solar panels use photovoltaic (PV) cells. The number of solar panels that you can install and the amount of sunlight they are exposed to will determine how much electricity your roof produces. Due to the abundance of sunlight, solar panels in Rohnert Park, Sonoma County, can produce peak efficiency for approximately 70% of an average year. This is 24% greater than the national average.
Actually, California is one of the most promising regions in the United States for harnessing solar energy. According to the U.S Energy Information Administration, the area receives abundant solar radiation throughout the year.
Is a solar panel system going to save me money in Rohnert Park?
Yes, solar panels can be a cost-effective investment. One study found that installing solar panels on roofs reduces energy required for home heating and cooling systems by 12%. This helps to reduce the urban heat island effect which impacts cities and towns with large concrete content.
Solar panels are not only good for the environment, as they reduce greenhouse gas emissions. But, solar panels can also help you save money every month. The savings can add up once you have recovered the installation cost through lower electricity costs. Solar panels can also increase the value of houses. If you decide to sell your Rohnert Park home, you will likely see more profit than without them.
Does Rohnert Park, Sonoma County, have enough sunshine to make solar panels a worthwhile investment?
A PV solar panel system in Rohnert Park, California, is a great investment because it’s located in one of America’s sunniest states.
Rohnert Park’s long, sunny summers produce 255 sunny days each year and create ideal conditions to power your home from the sun. To find out how to take advantage of the savings that solar power offers, talk to a specialist in solar energy.
In Rohnert Park, can I reduce my up-front costs through tax breaks and incentives?
When you install a solar system in Rohnert Park, Sonoma County, you may be eligible to receive several tax benefits and financing options for both homes and businesses.
- The Residential Renewable Energy Tax Credit is a federal program that allows homeowners to claim a tax credit up to 30% of their total “solar property” project costs, including labor and system wiring.
- A second government program, the Business Energy Investment Tax Credit (B-ITC), offers a 30% tax credit incentive to qualifying commercial systems that were built before 2022. From the beginning of 2022, the incentive value will decline every year through the end of 2025. From then on, the incentive will be 10% of the solar project installation costs.
- The Sonoma County Energy Independence Program allows owners to purchase “renewable electrical improvements” – such as solar energy systems – that cost up to 10% of your property’s value. The financing will be repaid at a fixed interest rate of 7% over a period of 10 or 20 years.
To discover more savings and incentives available to you, visit the Database of State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency.
Please note that these financial benefits may not be applicable if you lease your solar panel system instead of purchasing it outright.
It can be difficult to figure out which incentives you are eligible for. Our specialists can help you navigate the complex waters of incentive eligibility. If you have questions regarding the best solutions for you, don’t hesitate and get in touch!
Recent Solar Panel Installations in Sonoma County by SolarCraft
Rising from the Ashes, Coovers Rebuild Home Powered by Solar
Essential Benefits of this Solar Installation
- Saves Coover family over $4,800 in electric bills annually
- Shields the Coovers from electrical rate increases
- Offsets 98% of their energy usage
- Will reduce CO2 emissions by 8 tons annually, equivalent to eliminating over 18,700 miles of driving each year
Civic Solar Electric Installation Project Profile
Essential Benefits of this Solar Installation
- Approximately 119,000 kilowatt hours of energy will be generated annually, providing most of the facility’s energy consumption.
- The city received nearly $300,000 in rebates for its energy upgrades.
- The new solar system will enable Santa Rosa Utilities to generate enough clean electricity each day to power over 52 homes.
- It will spare the air nearly 91 tons of harmful greenhouse gases annually.
- Over the next 30 years, the air pollution saved will be equivalent to eliminating over 6.3 million miles of driving.
Why Choose Solar Craft for your Solar Installation in Rohnert Park
SolarCraft is one of the most trusted and experienced solar energy and battery energy storage providers in Northern California, serving the businesses and residents of Marin, Sonoma and Napa Counties for more than 35 years. 100% Employee Owned, our dedicated team is proud to have installed more solar energy systems than any other company in the North Bay, including systems for many of our community’s most recognizable organizations. We deliver the best in solar technology and design-build craftsmanship, always driven by a client-first approach to maximizing financial and environmental benefits. We look forward to partnering with you to build a more sustainable future.