Sonoma Solar Installation for Home & Business
- Client financial and environmental benefits are our #1 priority
- Cutting edge solar technology and expert craftsmanship
- Serving Marin, Sonoma and Napa Counties for 35+ years
Solar Power in the city of Sonoma in Sonoma County is a Great Investment!
Below we answer several essential questions when deciding if going solar is right for you.
Can solar panels in Sonoma produce a lot of power?
Photovoltaic (PV) cell solar panels use radiation from the sun to create energy. The amount of electricity generated by your roof depends on the number of panels you have and how much sunlight the panels receive. In Sonoma (city), Sonoma County, solar panel installations can operate at peak efficiency for about 72% of the year due to the abundant sunlight. In other words, 28% more solar radiation is available in Sonoma than the national average.
According to the U.S Energy Information Administration, California is one of the sunniest states in the United States, making Sonoma an ideal location for harnessing the sun’s power.
Sonoma, California, check out these tax breaks and financial incentives!
In the city of Sonoma in Sonoma County, installing a solar panel system on a home or business may make you eligible for tax credits and/or financing options.
- Congress established the Residential Renewable Energy Tax Credit, allowing homeowners to claim a tax credit for up to 30% of their total “solar property” project costs for systems installed during 2022, and 22% for systems installed during 2023.
- An additional federal program, the Business Energy Investment Tax Credit (B-ITC), offers a 30% tax credit incentive to qualifying solar panel projects completed before 2022. Starting in 2022, the tax credit percentage will decline each year through 2025. After that, the incentive will remain at 10% of the solar project installation costs.
- In Sonoma County, homeowners can finance “renewable electrical improvements” at a fixed interest rate of 7% to be repaid over 10 or 20 years. Solar energy projects that cost up to 10% of your property’s value are included in the Sonoma County Energy Independence Program.
Some of these financial benefits may not apply to leased solar panel systems. To learn about additional savings and incentives you might qualify for, visit the Database of State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency or talk to a solar installation specialist.
In Sonoma (town), Sonoma County, is there enough sunshine for solar panels to create electricity?
Knowing how much sunlight you get is essential in choosing the best solar panel system for you. However, you don’t need to live in a place where the sun always shines to reap the benefits of solar panels. In most climates, solar panels are a reliable source of energy. Considering that Sonoma is in one of America’s sunniest states, PV solar panel systems make perfect sense here.
Each year, Sonoma, California‘s bright, lengthy summers bring 262 sunny days, giving Sonoma County residents an advantage over most of the country when saving money by generating solar energy. To find out how you can take advantage of solar power savings, talk to one of our solar panel system experts.
By going solar in Sonoma, California, will I really save money?
Yes, solar panels are a good, money-saving investment in sunny Sonoma. One study showed that solar panels installed on roofs could reduce the energy consumption of indoor climate control systems by 12%. In addition to saving you money, this also reduces your impact on the environment by reducing greenhouse gas emissions and decreasing the “urban heat island” effect experienced in concrete-rich areas.
In Sonoma County, not only does adding solar panels to a house help save money on monthly power bills, but it also has the potential to raise the property’s market value.
It can be challenging to figure out the potential benefits of going solar. You can rely on our solar power experts to assist you in deciding about installation options. Contact us if you have questions about the best solution for you!
Recent Solar Panel Installations in Sonoma County by SolarCraft
Muscardini Family Goes Solar for $0 Down and Saves Close to $300 per Month
Essential Benefits of this Solar Installation
- Will save Muscardini family over $3,000 in electric bills annually
- $0 Down and no out-of-pocket cost with Sonoma County Energy Independence Program (SCEIP)
- Project was completed quickly, with no roof penetrations
- Installed adjacent to existing thermal panels for maximum solar production
- Panels provide additional roof insulation
- Will reduce CO2 emissions by 5 tons annually, equivalent to eliminating over 12,000 miles of driving
Rising from the Ashes, Coovers Rebuild Home Powered by Solar
Essential Benefits of this Solar Installation
- Saves Coover family over $4,800 in electric bills annually
- Shields the Coovers from electrical rate increases
- Offsets 98% of their energy usage
- Will reduce CO2 emissions by 8 tons annually, equivalent to eliminating over 18,700 miles of driving each year
Why Choose Solar Craft for your Solar Installation in Sonoma
SolarCraft is one of the most trusted and experienced solar energy and battery energy storage providers in Northern California, serving the businesses and residents of Marin, Sonoma and Napa Counties for more than 35 years. 100% Employee Owned, our dedicated team is proud to have installed more solar energy systems than any other company in the North Bay, including systems for many of our community’s most recognizable organizations. We deliver the best in solar technology and design-build craftsmanship, always driven by a client-first approach to maximizing financial and environmental benefits. We look forward to partnering with you to build a more sustainable future.