Novato Solar Installation for Home & Business
- Client financial and environmental benefits are our #1 priority
- Cutting edge solar technology and expert craftsmanship
- Serving Marin, Sonoma and Napa Counties for 35+ years
All About Novato, Marin County Solar Panels Installations:
Average Sunny Days, Urbanization, and Tax Credits for New Solar Projects
262 Average Sunny Days per Year in Novato:
Optimal for Solar Panel Function
Where a solar panel installation is located has one of the greatest impacts on performance out of nearly any metric. Some studies found that solar panel energy production can change as much as 5% just based on location alone.
So, how well suited is Novato for solar panels?
Out of 365 days in the year, the city of Novato typically sees 262 sunny days every year, with an average 72 days’ worth of precipitation.
So, for roughly 72% of an average year, solar panel installations in Novato can operate at peak efficiency on sunny days – a 28% improvement over the rest of the country, which sees only 205 sunny days on average.
In fact, the state of California as a whole is generally one of the very best regions of the country to experience high levels of the solar radiation required for solar energy creation, per the U.S. Energy Information Administration.
Novato’s High Urbanization Makes Solar Panels an Ideal Choice
Did you know that solar panel installations impact more than just your electric bills? In fact, the more urbanized the area, the greater an impact solar panels can have on local weather patterns.
One study found that solar panel installations on roofs reduced energy needed for air conditioning and cooling systems by 12%, while reducing the “urban heat island” effect that heats up cities and towns with high concrete rates.
Novato has a relatively high rate of urbanization, per official United States census records. Therefore, this area is particularly well suited for solar panel installations, especially for those businesses and homes that wish to reduce their AC bills and make their city homes a better place to live for all its residents.
Solar Panel Installation Tax Credits, Rebates, and Special Financing in Novato, Marin County
If you’re considering a new solar panel installation in Novato, then you may want to consider certain special tax credits and financing options available for both businesses and residential homes.
- The Residential Renewable Energy Tax Credit – valid through the end of 2023 – is a federal program that allows homeowners to claim a tax credit worth up to 30% of the total “solar electric property” project cost. These costs can include labor, installation, expenses, and system wiring.
- The Business Energy Investment Tax Credit (ITC) is another federal program that offers a similar 30% tax credit incentive for certain types of commercial systems installed through the end of 2022. The incentive value will decrease for every year after until the end of 2025, at which point the incentive will remain at 10% of project cost.
Please note that should you choose to lease your solar panel installation, rather than purchase the system outright, then these financial incentives may not apply to you. Feel free to contact us directly to evaluate which options are best for you!
Recent Solar Panel Installations in Novato by SolarCraft
Energy-independent Selchau Family Charges EV with Sun’s Free Energy
Essential Benefits of this Solar Installation
- Saves the Selchau family nearly $2,400 in electric bills annually
- Shields the Selchau’s from future electrical rate increases
- Will reduce CO2 emissions by 2.5 tons annually, equivalent to eliminating over 6,000 miles of driving each year.
Kern Family’s Electric Bill Slashed by 65%
Essential Benefits of this Solar Installation
- Saves Kern family over $2,772 in electric bills annually
- Shields the Kerns from electrical rate increases
- Will realize ROI in 6-7 years
- Panels provide additional roof insulation
- Will reduce CO2 emissions by 3.5 tons annually, equivalent to planting an acre of air-filtering trees
Why Choose Solar Craft for your Solar Installation in Novato
SolarCraft is one of the most trusted and experienced solar energy and battery energy storage providers in Northern California, serving the businesses and residents of Marin, Sonoma and Napa Counties for more than 35 years. 100% Employee Owned, our dedicated team is proud to have installed more solar energy systems than any other company in the North Bay, including systems for many of our community’s most recognizable organizations. We deliver the best in solar technology and design-build craftsmanship, always driven by a client-first approach to maximizing financial and environmental benefits. We look forward to partnering with you to build a more sustainable future.