Sausalito Solar Installation for Home & Business
- Client financial and environmental benefits are our #1 priority
- Cutting edge solar technology and expert craftsmanship
- Serving Marin, Sonoma and Napa Counties for 35+ years
Saving Big with Solar Power in Sausalito, Marin County!
I heard on the news that people can reduce up-front costs through tax breaks and incentives. Is that true in Sausalito?
It’s worth looking into. When you install a solar system in Sausalito, Marin County, you may be eligible to receive several tax benefits and financing options for both homes and businesses. Check out these incentives to see if you qualify:
- The Residential Renewable Energy Tax Credit is a federal program that allows homeowners to claim a tax credit up to 30% of their total “solar property” project costs, including labor and system wiring.
- A second government program, the Business Energy Investment Tax Credit (B-ITC), offers a 30% tax credit incentive to qualifying commercial systems that were built before 2022. From the beginning of 2022, the incentive value will decline every year through the end of 2025. From then on, the incentive will be 10% of the solar project installation costs.
- The Marin County Energy Independence Program allows owners to purchase “renewable electrical improvements” – such as solar energy systems – that cost up to 10% of your property’s value. The financing will be repaid at a fixed interest rate of 7% over a period of 10 or 20 years.
To discover more savings and incentives available to you, visit the Database of State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency.
Please note that these financial benefits may not be applicable if you lease your solar panel system instead of purchasing it outright.
Does the amount of available sunlight make it worth investing in solar panels in Sausalito, Marin County?
Because it’s located in one of America’s sunniest states, a PV solar panel system in Sausalito, California, is a solid investment.
Sausalito‘s bright, bayside climate produces 256 sunny days throughout the year, creating ideal conditions to power your home from the sun. To learn more about how to take advantage of the savings that solar power offers, talk to a specialist in solar energy.
In Sausalito, can solar panels produce a lot of power?
Solar panels use photovoltaic (PV) cells to convert sunlight into power. As Sausalito has plentiful sunshine to transform into electricity, the number of solar panels that you install is what determines how much electricity your roof produces. Due to the abundance of sunlight, solar panels in Sausalito, Marin County, can produce peak efficiency for approximately 70% of an average year. This is 25% greater than the national average.
Actually, California is one of the best places in the United States to harness solar energy. According to the U.S Energy Information Administration, the area receives ample sunshine all year.
Is a solar panel system going to reduce my electric bill in Sausalito?
Yes, a solar panel installation can be a sound investment. One study revealed that you can reduce the amount of energy required for home heating and cooling systems by 12% by going solar.
Installing solar panels can also help you save money every month. The savings really add up once you recover the installation cost through your lower electricity costs. You could see even more financial benefits if you decided to sell your Sausalito home. Solar panels tend to increase the value of houses, so your realtor will likely set a higher asking price if you put your house on the market.
Got questions? Our specialists can help you find the best solutions for you. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch!
Recent Solar Panel Installations in Marin County by SolarCraft
Energy-independent Selchau Family Charges EV with Sun’s Free Energy
Essential Benefits of this Solar Installation
- Saves the Selchau family nearly $2,400 in electric bills annually
- Shields the Selchau’s from future electrical rate increases
- Will reduce CO2 emissions by 2.5 tons annually, equivalent to eliminating over 6,000 miles of driving each year.
Kern Family’s Electric Bill Slashed by 65%
Essential Benefits of this Solar Installation
- Saves Kern family over $2,772 in electric bills annually
- Shields the Kerns from electrical rate increases
- Will realize ROI in 6-7 years
- Panels provide additional roof insulation
- Will reduce CO2 emissions by 3.5 tons annually, equivalent to planting an acre of air-filtering trees
Why Choose Solar Craft for your Solar Installation in Sausalito
SolarCraft is one of the most trusted and experienced solar energy and battery energy storage providers in Northern California, serving the businesses and residents of Marin, Sonoma and Napa Counties for more than 35 years. 100% Employee Owned, our dedicated team is proud to have installed more solar energy systems than any other company in the North Bay, including systems for many of our community’s most recognizable organizations. We deliver the best in solar technology and design-build craftsmanship, always driven by a client-first approach to maximizing financial and environmental benefits. We look forward to partnering with you to build a more sustainable future.