West Marin County Solar Installation for Home & Business
- Client financial and environmental benefits are our #1 priority
- Cutting edge solar technology and expert craftsmanship
- Serving Marin, Sonoma and Napa Counties for 35+ years
For West Marin County Residents, Going Solar is a No Brainer
In Marin County, the West Marin area offers plenty of sunshine for generating electricity.
The residents of the communities of Nicasio, Point Reyes Station, Stinson Beach, and Bolinas in the West Marin area appreciate the year-round temperate climate. The West Marin area offers a unique opportunity for generating an above-average amount of electricity when using solar panels because the area sees 260 sunny days each year.
In most of the United States, solar panel systems can generate energy and reduce utility bills, but in sunny climates, savings are even more significant. When it comes to slashing your monthly energy expenses, it is good fortune that the towns of Nicasio, Point Reyes Station, Stinson Beach, and Bolinas in the West Marin area are so often lit by the glow of the sun. In this part of the United States, photovoltaic (PV) solar panel systems generate more electricity and save more money than in most of the country.
Ready to reduce your dependence on the grid? Our solar energy experts are ready to help you generate your own power.
Marin County’s West Marin area has more than enough sun to efficiently generate power with solar panels.
Among the renewable energy sources available on the planet, sunlight is the most abundant. And abundant it is in the West Marin area of Marin County. Which makes sense as West Marin is in California, a state identified by the U.S. Energy Information Administration as one of the sunniest in the country. This makes West Marin a superior location for harnessing the energy of the sun.
Due to the abundant sunlight in the communities of Nicasio, Point Reyes Station, Stinson Beach, and Bolinas in the West Marin area of Marin County, California, PV cell solar panel systems run at maximum productivity for 71% of the year. As a result, in Nicasio, Point Reyes Station, Stinson Beach, and Bolinas in the West Marin area, solar panel installations produce 27% more power than the national average.
Solar power brings savings in the towns of Nicasio, Point Reyes Station, Stinson Beach, and Bolinas in the West Marin area of California.
When it comes to grid-supplied energy costs, Californians have it bad. Prices in California are among the highest in the nation. Fortunately, you aren’t obligated to pay them. In West Marin County, energizing your home with a solar panel system will save you money every month on utility bills, and provide the added benefit of increasing the value of your home.
Considering the weather patterns (you know… sun, sun, and more sun) you find in the communities of Nicasio, Point Reyes Station, Stinson Beach, and Bolinas in the West Marin area, installing solar panels here makes excellent financial sense. You can avoid some of the nation’s highest utility rates going solar in the towns of Nicasio, Point Reyes Station, Stinson Beach, or Bolinas. It is even possible to eliminate completely the need for grid-supplied electricity in Marin County in some cases.
Tired of waiting to save money? Talk to our solar panel installation experts to get started.
Tax credits and other financial incentives reduce the cost of installing a solar panel system in California’s West Marin area!
When you invest in a solar panel system in the towns of Nicasio, Point Reyes Station, Stinson Beach, or Bolinas in the West Marin area of Marin County, tax benefits and other financial incentives may be available for your home or business.
- The Residential Renewable Energy Tax Credit is a federal program that allows homeowners to claim a tax credit up to 30% of their total “solar property” project costs, including labor and system wiring.
- A second government program, the Business Energy Investment Tax Credit (B-ITC), offers a 30% tax credit incentive to qualifying commercial systems that were built before 2022. From the beginning of 2022, the incentive value will decline every year through the end of 2025. From then on, the incentive will be 10% of the solar project installation costs.
To learn more about current incentives, visit the Database of State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency. And check back regularly for new savings and incentives programs.
If you decide to lease a solar panel system instead of purchasing, not every financial incentive will be available.
Our team is ready to answer any questions you may have about selecting solar power for your home. Feel free to reach out.
Recent Solar Panel Installations in West Marin County by SolarCraft
Energy-independent Selchau Family Charges EV with Sun’s Free Energy
Essential Benefits of this Solar Installation
- Saves the Selchau family nearly $2,400 in electric bills annually
- Shields the Selchau’s from future electrical rate increases
- Will reduce CO2 emissions by 2.5 tons annually, equivalent to eliminating over 6,000 miles of driving each year.
Kern Family’s Electric Bill Slashed by 65%
Essential Benefits of this Solar Installation
- Saves Kern family over $2,772 in electric bills annually
- Shields the Kerns from electrical rate increases
- Will realize ROI in 6-7 years
- Panels provide additional roof insulation
- Will reduce CO2 emissions by 3.5 tons annually, equivalent to planting an acre of air-filtering trees
Why Choose Solar Craft for your Solar Installation in West Marin County
SolarCraft is one of the most trusted and experienced solar energy and battery energy storage providers in Northern California, serving the businesses and residents of Marin, Sonoma and Napa Counties for more than 35 years. 100% Employee Owned, our dedicated team is proud to have installed more solar energy systems than any other company in the North Bay, including systems for many of our community’s most recognizable organizations. We deliver the best in solar technology and design-build craftsmanship, always driven by a client-first approach to maximizing financial and environmental benefits. We look forward to partnering with you to build a more sustainable future.